· Unlike going to court, mediation is non-adversarial, so it can be win-win. This means that you both emerge from the process feeling better.
· Mediation is a lot cheaper than going to court. Costs start at just £120 per hour, and are usually shared between the two parties.
· There is no need to wait: you can start mediation straight away. No waiting for a court date, or having to wait another six months because a crucial document got lost in the system.
· Mediation is informal and confidential, so only those involved know the details of the dispute, and only those involved get to decide what is discussed.
· You make your own agreement, which can then be made legally-binding by lawyers working with Surrey Mediation Service. So you don’t need to fear that a mediated agreement is not going to have legal force.
For more information, or to discuss your needs for mediation, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 066 2070 24 hours per day.
Read our latest article: Local Mediators